Many girls complain about their puffy eyes which look bad and put years on them. If this applies to you, check how you can finally get rid of under-eyes bags.
Under-eyes bags – causes
Bags under eyes are causes by fluid accumulation in the skin’s tissues. They are accompanied by dark circles that are created by uneven pigmentation and poor vascularization. It can also be genetically determined – in this case there is no need to worry. Disturbed work of the lymphatic system also contributes to the formation of puffy eyes.
Other causes include:
- a small amount of sleep;
- heavy physical or mental strain;
- long-lasting stress;
- alcohol and smoking;
- inappropriate diet.
Under-eye bags – other causes
Sometimes bags under eyes are not a sign of illness. However, you should test yourself for:
- allergy – bags under eyes appear in hay fever or atopic dermatitis,
- water retention – they may indicate kidney disease,
- hypothyroidism – bags under the eyes are a frequent symptom of this disease; facial edema may also occur.
How to get rid of bags under eyes?
You can try the following methods to reduce the puffiness under your eyes:
- Home remedies – pay attention to the way you sleep. Drink a glass of water before the bedtime, air the room out and choose a comfortable pillow. In the morning, wash your face with cool water.
- Cosmetics – use cooling, refreshing and stimulating blood circulation cosmetics. They should contain natural ingredients, such as vitamins C and K, caffeine, arnica, gingko. You might also need a brightening concealer to cover the bags under eyes.
- Treatments – good results can be obtained by lymphatic drainage, needle mesotherapy, hyaluronic acid or vitamin C injection.